Potatoes - 1 lb [500 g]
Medium onion - 1, finely chopped
Stock or water - 1/4 pint [125 ml]
Loin chops - 4
Oatmeal - 1 tablespoon [1 X 20 ml spoon]
A little oil
Salt and pepper
1) Peel and slice the potato.
2) In an ovenproof dish, arrange a layer of potato slices and sprinkle the onion and seasoning. Continue adding layers.
3) Pour in the stock.
4) In a pan, add oil and heat.
5) Pat the chops in the oatmeal and brown well in oil.
6) Take out from the pan and add on the top of the potatoes.
7) Place in the oven at 375°F (190°C), Gas Mark 5, for 1-1 1/2 hours.