Herbed Lamb With Squash
|Italian sausage||3⁄4 Pound, cut into i inch slices|
|Lean lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Butternut squash||1 Small, cut into 1 inch thick cubes|
|Squash zucchini||2 , cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced and browned in butter|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) In a non-stick pan, brown the sausage pieces in it.
2) Transfer the sausages in a slow cooker.
3) In the same pan, brown the lamb in the left over fat.
4) Transfer the lamb in a slow cooker.
5) Pour off the fat from the pan.
6) In the same pan, add wine.
7) Bring the wine to a boil, stirring continuously to scrape off the bits.
8) Pour the wine over the meat, along with tomato sauce, ginger, onion, squashes, all the herbs, spices and seasoning
9) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
10) Stir the mushroom, during last 5 minutes of cooking.
11) Serve hot over the bed of rice, garnished with mint.