Lamb with Lemons and Olives
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger powder||1 Pinch|
|Saffron threads/Crushed saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Finely chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemons||2 , quartered and seeded|
|Green olives||16 Small|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. In a heavy bottomed 12 inch skillet, place olive oil, ginger powder, salt and saffron. Mix well.
2. Add lamb and coat well with this mixture.
3. Add garlic, onions, lemons and coriander.
4. Add 3 cups of water and almost cover the lamb in that liquid. If not enough, add more water.
5. Bring this to a boil.
6. Once boiled, cover and cook on a low flame for about 1 hour or till lamb is well cooked.
7. Transfer cooked lamb on to a plate and boil remaining sauce once again, uncovered, till it thickens.
8. Remove coriander sprigs from this mixture.
9. Add cooked lamb and olives to reduced sauce and cook on a low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
10. Transfer on to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3485 Calories from Fat 2693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 301 g463.4%
Saturated Fat 98.1 g490.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 644.2 mg214.7%
Sodium 3630.1 mg151.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.7 g46.8%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 157 g314.1%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 188.2%
Calcium 30% Iron 92.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet