Mid Eastern Lamb Shoulder Chops
|Lamb shoulder blade/Arm chops /lamb shanks||6|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, coarsely grated|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat your grill or broiler
2. Season the chops with salt and pepper, rubbing the seasoning on both sides of the chops.
3. Arrange the chops on foil on your grill or arrange in a broiler pan and place under the broiler
4. Grill or broil the lamb chops for about 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
5. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by heating the oil in a small saucepan.
6. Stir in the dill weed, cloves and parsley. Saute for 30 seconds to extract the flavors.
7. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
8. When the lamb chops are three-fourth cooked, baste them with the sauce and grill to desired degree of doneness.
9. Let chops rest for 5 minutes covered with foil, before serving.
10. Reheat the remaining sauce.
11. Pour sauce over the lamb chops or pass separately.