Lamb Chip Chops
|Shoulder lamb chops||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 thick chops)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped fine|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Potato chips||5 Ounce (1 bag, Jays)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||4 , well drained|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/Gas 8.
2. In a large casserole, heat the margarine over high heat on the hob.
3. Arrange the chops in the hot fat and sear them on both sides till browned.
4. Remove the chops onto a platter.
5. Add and sautÃ© onion and garlic in the fat and drippings.
6. Return the chops to the pan and turn them in the onions.
7. Arrange tomatoes over each chop.
8. Freshly grind some pepper over each using a pepper mill.
9. Scatter potato chips on top.
10. Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water and pour over the chops.
11. Bake chops for 30 minutes in the oven or until everything is brown and crisp.
12. Season and serve immediately.