Lamb Greek Style
|Lamb shoulder chops||20 Ounce (4 Shoulder, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Onion salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Eggplants||2 Small, cut in halves lengthwise|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Remove the flesh of the eggplant, taking care leaving the shell uncut.
3) Dice the eggplant flesh.
4) Remove the visible fat from the chops by trimming.
5) Dredge with seasoning and paprika.
6) Place the chops on the broiling pan.
7) Broil the chops about 2 inches from the heat until cooked through.
8) Cut the meat into dices.
9) In a saucepan, bring the salted water to boil with lemon juice.
10) Cook the eggplant dices until tender.
11) Drain the eggplant.
12) In a bowl, mix together diced lamb, mint and 1 cup of eggplant.
13) Stuff the eggplant shells with the lamb mixture.
14) Place the stiffed eggplant shells on the baking pan.
15) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
16) Serve hot on the bed of small mixed salad if desired.