Lamb Vegetable Casserole
|Lamb patties||1 1⁄2 Pound (6 Patties)|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and sliced (4 Large Sized)|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, sliced (2 Large Sized)|
|Green pepper||8 Ounce, seeded and cut into thin rings (1 Large Sized)|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© lamb patties until lightly browned on both sides; discard all excess fat.
3. In a 2 1/2-quart baking dish, layer bottom with sliced potatoes and half of the other vegetables; sprinkle half of the seasonings.
4. Arrange lamb patties over the top.
5. Top with remaining onion, tomato and green pepper and remaining seasonings.
6. Cover the dish and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until vegetables are tender.
7. Remove the dish from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese.
8. Return the dish to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes longer until the cheese has just melted.
9. Serve Lamb Vegetable Casserole alone or with a salad.