Lamb and Lentil Soup
|Lamb shanks||12 Pound (4 In Number, 3 Pound Each)|
|Smoked pork hock||1 Medium (Ham Hock)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Dry lentils||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Knackwurst||12 Ounce, sliced (2 In Number, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. Rinse lentils and set aside for later use.
2. In a large saucepan combine together pork hock, onion lamb shanks, garlic, salt, pepper and water; bring it to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
4. Remove lamb shanks and pork hock and cool.
5. When meats are cool enough to handle, cut off meat and chop.
6. Return chopped meat to broth; discard bones.
7. Add lentil, sliced knackwurst, carrots, wine, parsley, thyme, and rosemary to the soup; cover and simmer the mixture for about 50 minutes or till lentils and carrots are tender.
8. Skim off fat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Ladle stew into 4 bowls and stir well before serving.
10. Serve with toasted garlic bread.