Braised Stuffed Breast Of Lamb
|Lamb breast||2 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Veal forcemeat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|For the gravy|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 6 or 400°F.
2. Using a knife, remove tough outer skin from meat if any. Trim off any excess fat, then bone the breast of lamb.
3. Ready the veal forcemeat: Spread the forcemeat down the centre of the breast of lamb. Roll up and secure it with a cotton string or skewer securely.
4. In a weighing machine, weigh the joint and calculate cooking time as in for roasting.
5. Wash and peel vegetables. Let them be whole or cut in half if very large.
6. Make bacon slices.
7. In a double roasting tin, melt dripping . SautÃ© bacon lightly and remove.
8. Fry joint, browning on all sides, then remove. SautÃ© the vegetables until golden brown on all sides for about 5 to 7 minutes.
9. Just pour enough stock to cover the vegetables; put in seasoning and bouquet garni. Allow it to come to a boil.
10. Keep meat above the vegetables. Close the pan and lower heat, simmer gently for 3/4 of the total cooking time.
11. Then place the pan half way down the oven, and bake for the remainder of cooking time without lid.
12. Serve hot with bread.
Don't keep the pan lid on if cooked on top of stove.