Green Beans And Braised Lamb
|Green beans||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lamb arm chops||2 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Sweet red peppers||2|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Wash, trim beans and, if necessary, remove strings.
3) Cut into 2 inch lengths.
4) Over the bottom of large ovenproof dish, spread the beans.
5) Trim lamb, removing excess fat.
6) Peel onions and cut into wedges.
7) Seed and slice peppers.
8) Heat oil in a large skillet.
9) Fry lamb in oil until brown on all sides.
10) Drain and arrange on top of beans in casserole.
11) Fry onion in oil until golden.
12) With a spoon, break up tomatoes in their juice.
13) Add to onions with salt, pepper, allspice and nutmeg, stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
14) Add peppers to casserole with tomato mixture.
15) Cover tightly and cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
16) Serve lamb and beans with boiled rice.