|Macaroni||1⁄2 Pound (long)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Prepare and thinly slice kidneys.
2) Dice bacon.
3) Peel and chop onion.
4) Cook macaroni in boiling salted water for 15 minutes till tender.
5) In a skillet, melt butter and fry kidneys for 3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6) Remove from pan.
7) Add bacon and onion to pan and fry gently till golden.
8) Sprinkle flour over and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
9) Add broth, tomato paste, sage and seasoning.
10) Bring to aboil, stirring, then return kidneys to pan, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
11) Drain macaroni and arrange in warmed serving dish.
12) Spoon kidneys and sauce over and serve hot with crisp lettuce and cucumber salad.