Luau Lamb Chops
|Lamb chops||8 , cut 1 1/2 inches thick (With Pocket)|
|Marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Bread stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Packaged Variety)|
|Canned pineapple||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 1⁄2 Inch (1 Piece)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice/Curacao||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. To prepare the lamb chops sprinkle them with salt and marjoram.
2. In a bowl combine stuffing mix, undrained pineapple, raisins, dry mustard and ginger to mix well.
3. Stuff each chop lightly with the mixture and wrap any remaining stuffing in aluminum foil to bake along with chops.
4. In an oven-proof skillet brown chops well on both sides in butter and stir in orange peel and juice.
5. Bake chops and stuffing at 350°F 1 hour, or until meat is fork-tender.
6. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt, ginger, cinnamon stick and water.
7. Draining the liquid from lamb chops, stir into cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thickened and clear.
8. To the liquid add curacao and pour over chops.
9. Garnish the chops with orange slices and serve.