1. Prepare a fire in the grill and place an oiled baking tray in the oven 4-6 inches away from the heat.
2. Clean the meat and trim off any excess fat from the rack of lamb.
3. Make a slit between each rib and insert a sliver of garlic into the cuts. Rub the meat with oil and then rub it all over the marinade.
4. Place the lamb on the grilling rack
5. Grill for 25 minutes while turning the meat continuously. Check the meat thermometer. It should show 140°F (60°C) and this will ensure that the meat is cooked.
6. Cut the ribs into chops and serve
For special dinners, trip the last 2-3inches of each rib bone and scrape the bones clean to make them look presentable. Cover the tips with a strip of foil to prevent burning.