Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
|For mint sauce|
|Cider vinegar||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 cup / 125 milliliter)|
|Sugar||3 Ounce (1/3 cup / 90 gram)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Dry red wine||5 Fluid Ounce (2/3 cup / 160 milliliter)|
|Olive oil||3 Fluid Ounce (1/3 cup / 80 milliliter)|
|Chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/1 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Leg of lamb||7 Pound, boned, butterflied and trimmed of visible fat (1 whole, 3.5 kilogram)|
1. Prepare the mint sauce by mixing the vinegar and the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring this mixture to a boil and stir till the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and add the mint and salt and allow the flavors to mix well.
2. Place the meat flat on a baking tray.
3. Prepare the marinade by mixing together the wine, oil, shallots, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and then pour the marinade on top of the meat.
4. Let the meat marinate for 2 hours or till required.
5. Prepare a fire in the grill and place an oiled baking tray in the oven 4-6 inches away from the heat.
6. Remove the lamb from the marinade and sieve the marinade. Set it aside for use during the grilling process.
7. Remove the meat from the pan and pat dry. Place it on the rack and grill for 35-45 minutes. Turn the meat frequently and brush the meat occasionally with the reserved marinade to prevent it from drying out during the cooking process. The meat is done when it is still slightly pink on the inside.
8. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest for 5 minutes while covered loosely with aluminum foil.
9. Carve the meat into diagonal slices and serve with mint sauce, mashed potatoes and peas.
Calories 1830 Calories from Fat 1022
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.1%
Saturated Fat 41.9 g209.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 531.8 mg177.3%
Sodium 776.6 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 152 g303.2%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 10% Iron 83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet