Lamb And Almonds
|Onions||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Lamb||2 Pound, cut in 1/2 inch cubes|
|Yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), blanched|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a casserole or Dutch oven, saute the onions in the butter for 10 minutes; remove and keep aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the ginger, turmeric, cumin, and lamb together, toss until thoroughly coated.
3) In the casserole, saute the lamb cubes in rest of the butter, until the lamb is lightly brown.
4) Stir in the onions, bay leaf, yoghurt and salt, cook covered
over a low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
5) In a bowl, mix the ground almonds with the cream, stir into the casserole and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.