Stuffed Shoulder of Lamb
|Bulk sausage meat||3⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 , 1/2 inch diameter|
1) Peel and chop onions.
2) Scrape potatoes.
3) Blanch and peel tomatoes.
4) In a skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter, add onions and fry until golden.
5) Add to the sausage meat with the parsley and seasoning.
6) Mix well.
7) Spread the lamb out, skin side down, on a board and season.
8) Shape sausage mixture into a large ball and place on lamb.
9) Fold meat around stuffing to make a ball and tie firmly with string.
10) In a flameproof casserole, melt 2 tbsp of butter and brown meat all over.
11) Add wine, broth, bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
12) Cover and cook slowly for 1 hour.
13) In a skillet, melt remaining butter, add potatoes and fry until golden brown.
14) Arrange around the meat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
15) Add to casserole and cook for 10 minutes more.
16) Remove bouquet garni.
17) On a warmed serving plate, place the meat and remove string.
18) Arrange potatoes and tomatoes around.
19) Keep the meat hot.
20) In a saucepan, transfer the cooking liquid.
21) Thicken with 1 tbsp each of butter and flour mashed together.
22) Prepare the gravy.
23) Serve the meat and gravy sepeprately.