|Lean lamb leg||2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into 3/4 inch cubes|
|Beef stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), defatted|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tart apples||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons stock.
2) Over medium-high heat, brown the lamb in the stock. Add more stock, if required.
3) To this, add the onions and celery.
4) Continue to cook, stirring in between, for 2 minutes. Then, reduce the heat.
5) To this, now add the apples, raisins, curry powder and the remaining stock.
6) Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes. The lamb should be soft and the sauce, thick in consistency.
7) Serve with hot cooked rice.