Lemon Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
|Leg lamb||5 Pound, butterflied and flattened|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Dark brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed with little salt|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2) In a small bowl, put together lemon juice, brown sugar, crushed garlic, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3) Add oil little by little mix it thoroughly.
4) Brush the lamb with marinade one hour before cooking and leave it covered in refrigerator.
5) Put the lamb on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
6) Roast on the highest shelf of the oven for 10 minutes on each side,
7) Brush the lamb frequently with the sauce, to keep it moist.
8) Remove from the oven, cool a bit and cover.
9) Slice it thin, diagonally
10) Serve it warm or at room temperature, with mint sauce on side.