Swedish Roast Leg of Lamb
|Leg lamb||4 1⁄2 Pound, washed cleaned (Dried)|
|Leg of lamb||4 1⁄2 Pound|
|Black coffee||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Currant jelly||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Rub salt and pepper all over the lamb.
3) On the rack over a shallow roasting pan, place the lamb, fat side up.
4) Insert meat thermometer in fleshy part, away from bone or fat.
5) Place the roasting pan in the oven and roast, uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
6) In a bowl, mix together coffee, cream, and sugar.
7) Stream the cream mixture over the lamb.
8) Return to the oven and roast, basting occasionally, for about 1 hour, or to 175F on thermometer, for medium.
9) Remove the lamb to heated platter.
10) Allow the to lamb rest in warm place 20 minutes before carving.
11) In a saucepan, strain the pan drippings.
12) Using a ladle skim off fat, and measure 2 tablespoons of fat into roasting pan.
13) Add in flour and stir until smooth and cook, stirring continuously over low heat for about 1 minute, to brown flour.
14) Stream the pan drippings into 2-cup measure.
15) Mix milk to make 2 cups.
17) Slowly stir into flour mixture; bring to boiling, stirring.
18) Take the pan off the heat; add currant jelly.
19) Spoon the gravy hot over the lamb and serve immediately.