Minted Lamb Chops
|Lamb loin chops||4 (1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|Lemon||1 , halved|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Unsalted mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium bread slice||1 , crumbled|
|Fresh mint||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
2) From the lamb chops, remove all visible fat.
3) In a shallow baking dish, place the lamb chops.
4) With lemon, rub both sides of each lamb chop.
5) With onion powder, sprinkle both sides.
6) In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, bread crumbs, fructose and mint. Mix well.
7) With this mint mix, cover each lamb chop by pressing it down with your hands.
8) Heat the chops in the oven for 4 minutes.
9) Turn off the power and let stand, with the door closed, for 30 minutes.
10) After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and serve immediately. These are delicious and can be prepared ahead of time. People who like mint jelly along with lamb are sure to love this recipe, as the fresh mint gives a more subtle flavor to the lamb than the jelly.