Indonesian Barbecued Lamb
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Unsalted)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fructose||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Lamb leg||3 Pound, butterflied, with all visible fat removed (1/2 Leg)|
1) In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the lamb. Mix well.
2) In a container, just big enough to hold the meat, place the lamb. This will help the marinade to coat well.
3) Over the lamb, pour the marinade.
4) Refrigerate, covered, for at least 24 hours before you are ready to barbecue. While marinating, remember to turn the meat in the marinade every few hours, to absorb the marinade well.
5) You can either cook the lamb over charcoal, or under a broiler. Note that the cooking time varies, depending on your preference. You can cook the lamb for 12 to 15 minutes per side, to make it medium rare. Increase this time, if desired.
6) You can reserve the marinade and serve this as a sauce along with the lamb.
7) Slice and serve hot.