Lamb In Mint
|Eggplant||1 Medium (Aubergine)|
|Lean lamb||1 Pound, thinly sliced (500 Grams)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Red chili||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (1/3 Cup Or 80 Milliliter)|
|Fresh mint leaves||20|
1. In a colander place eggplant (aubergine) cut into bite-sized chunks, sprinkle with salt, mix well and leave to drain for 20 minutes.
2. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
3. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil and fry lamb and garlic until well browned (you may need to do this in batches).
4. Then add eggplant (aubergine) and chilli and stirfry over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
5. Fry stirring in fish sauce, brown sugar, water and mint leaves for a further 1 minute until eggplant (aubergine) is softened.
6. Add a little extra water If sauce becomes too thick.
7. To serve place the lamb on a serving platter and pour around gravy along with vegetables.