Lamb And Vegetable Hotpot
|Leg lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1 inch cubes (750 Gram)|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Baby onions||6 , peeled and bases left intact|
|Baby new potatoes||6 , scrubbed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Celery stalks||3 , sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , sliced (Or Capsicum)|
|Bacon rashers||2 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Beef stock||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Red wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Green beans||8 Ounce, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths (250 Gram)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon, blended with 2 tablespoons water|
1. In a bowl add flour and toss meat in it.
2. In a large heavy-based saucepan heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil, cook the tossed meat in batches until brown on all sides, remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the empty pan heat remaining oil, cook onions and potatoes until brown on all sides, remove from pan and set aside.
4. Adding garlic, celery, red pepper (capsicum) and bacon cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. To the pan return meat, onions and potatoes, mix in carrot, stock, wine, tomato paste and rosemary, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour until meat is tender.
6. Stir in beans and cornflour mixture, season to taste with black pepper and cook for 10 minutes longer.
7. Serve hot with desired garnish.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.1 mg27%
Sodium 227.7 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 66.6% Vitamin C 65.6%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet