Lamb Kidneys in Mushroom Sauce
|Margarine||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Lamb kidneys||12 Ounce, trimmed (tubes and fat removed), cut into quarters|
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant beef broth and seasoning mix||5 Ounce, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water (1 Packet)|
|Dry sherry||4 Teaspoon|
|White bread slice||2 , enriched , toasted and cut diagonally into halves|
|Fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350°F.
2) Take a 8-inch skillet, now heat 1 teaspoon margarine in it, till it is nice hot and bubbly.
3) Now add the onion and fry briefly by turning until soft and translucent.
4) Add mushrooms and further cook till they are lightly browned.
5) Into a 1-quart casserole,pour the mushroom mixture.
6) In small bowl,drizzle flour and pepper onto kidneys kidneys with the help of a fork and toss lightly to coat.
7) Into the same skillet,put remaining margarine and heat until hot and bubbly.
8) Now add the kidneys and fry quickly by turning till it turns brown slightly.
9) In a casserole,place the browned kidneys over the mushroom mixture.
10) Into the casserole,pour dissolved broth mix over ingredients and mix well to combine.
11) Cover the casserole with lid and bake until kidneys are just cooked through for about 45 minutes.
12) Mix in sherry.
13)Take 2 plates,arrange 2 toast triangles on each and spoon half of kidney mixture over each portion of toast and scatter on top with parsley before serving.
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 349.6 mg116.5%
Sodium 2134 mg88.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 84%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet