Slow Roasted Leg Of Lamb
|Leg of lamb||3 Pound (1 1/2 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), thinly sliced|
|For fresh herb marinade|
|Fresh rosemary||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh mint||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|White wine vinegar||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup / 125 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1. Preheat covered barbecue to a medium heat.
2. To make marinade, in a bowl mix rosemary, mint, vinegar, oil and black pepper to taste to combine.
3. in the surface of the lamb Cut several deep slits and fill each slit with a slice of garlic.
4. in a glass or ceramic dish place lamb, pour over with marinade, turn to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
5. on a wire rack set in a roasting tin place lamb and pour over marinade.
6. Place the roasting tin on rack in barbecue covering barbecue with lid and cook, basting occasionally, for 1 Â½ -2 hours until lamb is tender.
7. With cover let it stand for 15 minutes before carving.
8. Carve out the meat and serve hotbb.