Lamb Chops Diable
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Lamb loin/Shoulder chops||12 Ounce (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) With a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic, salt and pepper into a smooth paste, add oregano leaves, mash well.
3) Stir in the lemon juice, mustard and honey until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
4) In a broiling pan, arrange the lamb chops, place on a rack and brush 1 side with 1/2 the garlic mixture. Place 2 inches from the heat source and broil for 3 minutes.
5) Turn over the chops, brush with rest of the garlic mixture and broil for anoother about 3 minutes until the chops are medium-rare.
6) Sprinkle the chops with bread crumbs and broil for about 30 seconds until the crumbs are lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg22.7%
Sodium 150.1 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 3% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet