Lamb Chops Diable
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Lamb loin/Shoulder chops||12 Ounce (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) With a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic, salt and pepper into a smooth paste, add oregano leaves, mash well.
3) Stir in the lemon juice, mustard and honey until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
4) In a broiling pan, arrange the lamb chops, place on a rack and brush 1 side with 1/2 the garlic mixture. Place 2 inches from the heat source and broil for 3 minutes.
5) Turn over the chops, brush with rest of the garlic mixture and broil for anoother about 3 minutes until the chops are medium-rare.
6) Sprinkle the chops with bread crumbs and broil for about 30 seconds until the crumbs are lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.