Marinated Lamb Roast
|Leg lamb||4 Pound, boned, rolled and tied|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried mint leaves||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
1. Place the lamb in a microwave friendly cooking bag or in a large casserole.
2. In a small microwaveable bowl or measure, blend together the marinade ingredients.
3. Warm the marinade in the microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Pour the marinade over the lamb.
5. Seal the bag or cover the dish and place the lamb in refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
6. In a small microwavable cup, combine mint sauce ingredients.
7. Heat to boilin in the microwave at power 5 for about 6 minutes.
8. Remove and set aside.
9. Remove lamb from bag draining and discarding the marinade.
10. If marinated in a bag, transfer the lamb, fat side down, in a large microwave casserole.
11. Cover dish with waxed paper.
12. Place in the microwave and set the power at 3.
13. Roast the lamb 53 minutes.
14. Turn over, basting with pan juice.
15. Cook for another 45 to 50 minutes, turning once halfway thorugh cooking and draining the drippings, until lamb is cooked through and internal temperature registers 150Â°F on meat thermometer.
16. Transfer roast to serving platter and cover with foil.
17. Allow the roast to stand, for 10 to 15 minutes.
18. Cut into pieces and serve.