Barbecued Lamb Shoulder Roast
|Boneless lamb shoulder||5 Pound|
|Whole cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dill pickle liquid||2 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill pickles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash the lamb and then stud the meat with cloves.
2. Preheat the outdoor grill
3. Place the lamb on the spit and roast in the rotisserie or on outdoor grill for about 2 to 4 hours, or until meat thermometer registers 175-180° F.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients; stir and heat to boiling point. Use this sauce to baste lamb frequently while cooking.
5. Serve hot with mashed potatoes and sour cream and dill