Lamb And Cabbage Soup
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled, diced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot place the lamb and vegetables, sprinkle the seasonings, crumble the bouillon cube and pour the water on top. Give a good stir to mix well.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the lamb to cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Once lamb is tender, using a slotted spoon remove it to a platter.
5. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat off the bone.
6. Skim the fat from top off soup.
7. Return shredded lamb and cabbage to the pot.
8. Cover again and let cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
9. Ladle the broth with meat and vegetables into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
10. Serve the soup hot with crust bread or with rice or noodles if you like.