Barbecued Lamb Chops With Herbs
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaves||4 Small, crushed|
|Lemon||1 Large, finely grated|
|Lemon||1 Large, finely grated rind and juiced|
|Lamb loin||8 (Burgundy)|
|Double loin lamb chops||8|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (Or More)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 , finely chopped|
1. In a small bowl, combine herbs, paprika and grated lemon rind and mix well.
2. Sprinkle this herb mixture on both sides of each chop and rub so that it sticks onto the meat. Reserve remaining herb mixture.
3. In a large shall glass or ceramic dish, combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
4. Coat chops with marinade and arrange in a single layer.
5. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, turning the chops occasionally to keep them coated with the marinade.
6. Heat a coal fired grill.
7. Drain the chops discarding the marinade.
8. Arrange chops on hot grill and barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes per side until cooked according to preference. The chops should be lightly charred.
9. Just before removing chops from grill, throw a generous pinch of reserved herb mixture on to the coals, which will result in smoke imparting a delicious flavor to the meat.
10. Top chops with generous dollop of butter
11. Garnish with parsley.
12. Serve the chops immediately