Mint Glazed Lamb
|Lamb leg shank half||2 Kilogram|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Rosemary||5 Milliliter, crushed|
|Canned pear slices||250 Milliliter, drained and mashed|
|Syrup||15 Milliliter (Reserved, 1 Tablespoon)|
1. With a sharp knife make 6 slits in lamb and insert 1/3 of a garlic clove in each.
2. Season the lamb with rosemary and pepper.
3. In an 8-inch square dish, place the ham and place it on the microwave roasting rack.
4. In a glass bowl, mix the finely chopped remaining garlic, jelly and reserved syrup.
5. In the microwave, cook for 1-2 minutes at Medium, and stir the pears in.
6. Spoon 1/3 of the mint glaze over the lamb.
7. In the microwave, cook for 8-10 minutes per ½ kg at Medium-Low for medium, or 12-14 minutes per ½ kg at Medium-Low for well-done.
8. Midway through the cooking Turn the meat over, drain and brush again with the glaze.
9. Let the lamb stand, covered, for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 406
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.3%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.3 mg74.4%
Sodium 200.1 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 62 g124.3%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet