Tournedos Of Lamb
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Lean ground lamb||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
1. Soak bread crumbs in milk.
2. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil.
3. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and transparent. Let cool.
4. Squeeze out excess moisture from soaked bread.
5. In a large bowl, combine lamb onion and garlic, soaked bread crumbs, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and seasonings. Mix well using your hand or a spoon.
6. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each into a 2-inch patty
7. Coat both sides of patties lightly with flour.
8. Cover each patty with a bacon slice and tie securely with kitchen string.
9. In a large frying pan, heat remaining butter and oil.
10. Arrange patties in hot fat and fry over medium low heat, turning occasionally until evenly browned on all sides.
11. Remove and discard strings and arrange patties on a warm serving platter or individual plates.
12. Serve immediately while hot and crisp.
13. Accompany the Tournedos with a brown gravy or sauce if you like.