Curried Lamb With Apple
|Lean lamb leg||2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into 1/4" cubes|
|Beef stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), defatted|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tart apples||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped raisins||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the lamb in 2 tablespoons stock; add more stock if needed.
2. Add the onions and celery.
3. Cook with constant stirring, for 2 minutes more.
4. Reduce the heat and add the apples, raisins, curry powder and remaining stock.
5. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender and the sauce is thickened.
6. Serve hot and enjoy.
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.3 mg57.4%
Sodium 414.9 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 46 g91.3%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 207.8%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet