Curried Lamb With Apple
|Lean lamb leg||2 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into 1/4" cubes|
|Beef stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), defatted|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tart apples||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped raisins||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the lamb in 2 tablespoons stock; add more stock if needed.
2. Add the onions and celery.
3. Cook with constant stirring, for 2 minutes more.
4. Reduce the heat and add the apples, raisins, curry powder and remaining stock.
5. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the lamb is tender and the sauce is thickened.
6. Serve hot and enjoy.