Lamb Chops Oriental
|Lamb shoulder chops||4 (1 Inch Thick)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 Ounce, drained (1 Can, Reserve Juice)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Over a bowl, drain the pineapple and combine the syrup with the soy sauce, vinegar and mustard.
2. In a shallow glass dish place the chops, pour the syrup over the chops, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning the chops occasionally.
3. Drain the chops and reserve the marinade.
4. In a large skillet heat the oil and brown the chops over medium heat.
5. Then add 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade to the chops in the skillet cover tightly and cook over low heat 30 to 45 minutes such that tender.
6. in a small saucepan mix the sugar and cornstarch and stir in the remaining marinade.
7. Let it boil with constant stirring reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add pineapple chunks, heat through and serve as desired.
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1162.1 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet