Rack Of Baby Lamb With Herb Crust
|Lamb rack||1 (Generally 7 Chops, Rack Of Baby Lamb)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley/Finely chopped chervil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature,say 400°.
2) Carefully trim the rack of lamb, keep the rib bones as long as possible and ensure that there is 1/4 inch of fat on the outside of the rack.
3) With the help of a sharp knife,make slashes as crisscrosses in the fat with a sharp knife.
4) In a small mixing bowl combine all the remaining ingredients.
5) Take a roasting pan and place the rack of lamb in it and cook it in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the lamb and reduce heat to 375°.
6) Gently dust the bread-crumb mixture on top of the rack and on the bony side to form a crust.
7) Return to the oven and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
8) The lamb is to be served very pink and should be cooked to this extent.