|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Sauterne wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Halve the shank bones and trim off any excess fat on the shanks.
2) In a large skillet, sear the shanks in the heated oil until evenly brown.
3) In a slow cooker, place the shanks and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, rosemary and marjoram, as desired.
4) Pour over the wine and lemon juice.
5) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hour or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
6) About 15 minutes before the serving time, stir in the cornstarch blended with water.
7) Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.