Lamb And Quinoa Royale
|For the quinoa|
|Extra virgin oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Baby portobello mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Quinoa||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrots||3 Medium, diced|
|Black truffle oil||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|For the lamb|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (French thyme used)|
|Lamb chops||4 Medium|
|Fresh squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|For the topping|
|Extra virgin oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Leek||1 Medium, cut into circles|
|Black truffle oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Clean the leeks from the outside, slice the leeks (discarding the dark portion) and then wash them again, pat them dry and keep it aside.
2. Chop the mushrooms, carrots, shallots and a garlic clove. Keep them aside.
3. In a plate, marinate the lamb chops with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, some French thyme, coating each side evenly and let it rest.
4. Heat a pan to medium heat, with some extra virgin olive oil and sauté the shallots and garlic, let it brown for a few minutes.
5. Add the mushroom and let the water ooze out from the mushrooms, add the salt, pepper (just a little to season, add more later) and thyme, mix well.
6. Meanwhile heat a grill pan on high heat, place the marinated lamb chops and grill for 10 to 12 minutes on each side.
7. Add the carrots in the pan of sautéed mushroom along with the chicken stock, increase the heat to high and then add the quinoa.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste (if required), stir everything well, cover the pan and simmer.
9. In another small pan, (for the topping) heat up some olive oil, add the leeks in and sauté with salt and pepper to taste until slightly crisp and brown.
10. Once done, drizzle a teaspoon of the black truffle oil, keep it aside until needed.
11. Check on the quinoa, in the last few minutes drizzle the black truffle oil, cover the pan and simmer for a few more minutes.
12. In a serving plate, place the vegetable quinoa then place the lamb followed by the prepared leek topping.
13. Garnish it with freshly chopped parsley.
14. Serve the Quinoa and Lamb Royale warm.