Lamb's Liver With Leeks And Spring Onions
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lamb liver||8 Ounce, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips (250 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Leeks||2 , shredded|
|Spring onions||4 , shredded|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry/Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, blend corn flour with soy sauce, five-spice powder and chilli powder.
2. Add the strips of liver to the bowl and mix with the soy sauce mixture.
3. Cover the bowl and let the liver marinate for 30 minutes.
4. In a jug, mix corn flour with 2 tablespoons of stock or water.
5. Add the remaining stock or water and rest of the sauce ingredients.
6. Stir well to combine.
7. In a wok, add half of the oil and heat over moderate heat until hot.
8. Add the marinated liver and garlic to the wok.
9. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the liver is browned on all sides.
10. Remove the liver from wok and keep aside.
11. Heat the same wok and remaining oil.
12. Add leeks and spring onions.
13. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
14. Pour the sauce mixture and bring it to boil over a high heat.
15. Cook with constant stirring until the sauce thickens and turns glossy.
16. Add the browned liver back to the wok.
17. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
18. Stir-fry for 30 seconds until the liver is evenly coated in the sauce.
19. Serve immediately.