Lamb Meat Loaf On A Bed Of Cabbage
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Stalk celery||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Lean ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Lean ground beef||8 Ounce|
|Cooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Green cabbage head||1 , cored, shredded|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a skillet, over moderate heat, heat oil and stir-fry onion, celery, and garlic in it for about 4 minutes and then allow to cool slightly.
3) Take a bowl and combine together lamb, beef, rice, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and onion mixture in it.
4) Figure the mixture into a loaf about 8 by 3 inches.
5) In a nonstick roasting pan, place cabbage and then top with meat loaf.
6) Add stock over this and then bake in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours until meat is heated through.
7) To a serving platter, transfer meat loaf and cabbage on the completion of cooking time.
8) Serve hot.