Roast Leg of Lamb with Pan Roasted Vegetables
|Leg lamb||5 Pound (1 Small or 1 large from shank end)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), peeled and sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rosemary sprigs/Use 2 tablespoons, dried||6 , dried|
|Roasting potatoes||6 , washed and cut into quarters or eighths|
|Artichokes||6 , quartered|
|Whole garlic heads||8|
|Baby turnips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Additional Vegetables (Optional) :)|
|Rosemary sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to the deisred temperature of 400°.
2) Using the point of a small knife, make six small cuts at equal intervals under the skin of the lamb. Stuff the garlic slices in these slits.
3) Rub the lamb with some of the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4) Also insert rosemary sprigs in the slits else sprinkle the lamb with dried rosemary.
5) Take a shallow heavy baking dish or roaster and pour the remaining oil into it and put the lamb in it.
6) Now arrange vegetables around it and brush them with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
7) Roast lamb for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently with the cooking juices to keep it moist.
8) Remove lamb from the oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes before carving to desired pieces.
9) Keep the vegetables warm until ready to serve.
10) Arrange the lamb on a tray with the vegetables and serve garnished with sprigs of rosemary.