Lamb Pie With Dill
|Boneless lamb||3 Pound, cut in 1-inch cubes (For Stew, Fat Trimmed Off)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, sliced (Pared)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Piecrust mix||11 Ounce|
|Egg yolks||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dill||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Chopped Or Dried)|
|Dill weed||6 Tablespoon|
1) Dredge the meat with salt and pepper.
2) In a Dutch oven, mix together lamb, carrot, onion, and celery with 2-1/2 cups water.
3) Allow the lamb mixture to boil and lower the heat.
4) Put the lid on and simmer stirring occasionally for 1 hour, or till lamb is tender.
5) Using shallow ladle skim off fat, if necessary.
6) Prepare the pastry as the label directs; roll out to form 12-inch circle.
7) Preheat oven to 350F.
8) Strain lamb and vegetables, streaming the liquid into a medium saucepan to
measure 2 cups.
9) Combine flour and 1 tablespoon water; stir into liquid; cook, stirring, until slightly thick.
10) Stir vinegar and sugar in to the reserved liquid.
11) In a bowl, beat together egg yolks slightly with cream until fluffy.
12) In the cream mixture, add a small amount of hot sauce.
13) Stream the cream mixture back into rest of sauce.
14) Stir in the lamb mixture and dill into the sauce and mix well.
15) Transfer the lamb mixture into 10-inch shallow casserole to about 2 inches deep.
16) Adjust the pastry over the top the of casserole and make the slits in pastry. crimp edges.
17) Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden.
18) Serve hot with small mixed.