Barbecued Lamb Shanks With Honey and Mint
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a kettle put cold water and place lamb shanks enough to cover it. Let it reach boiling point.
2) Cover the kettle and let it simmer for 1 hour till tender.
3) Drain the meat and let it cool.
4) In a small bowl mix white wine, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, honey, mint, salt and pepper.
5) In a deep bowl put the shanks and pour marinade over it.
6) Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
7) When the shanks are ready to be barbecued, place on the grill 4 to 6 inches from the coals. Baste and turn every few minutes till browned and tender for about 30 minutes.
8) Serve hot.