Loin Of Lamb With Salsify And Mushrooms
|Boneless lamb loin||2 1⁄4 Pound, scored (1 Kilograms)|
|Dry mustard powder||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Rosemary||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled), Rich One)|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce, halved (225 Grams)|
|Salsify||8 Ounce, peeled (225 Grams)|
|Shallots||2 Ounce, skinned and sliced (50 Grams)|
|Chopped fresh chervil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Fresh rosemary leaves||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Dijon mustard||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
1. Ask the butcher to score the fat of the meat in parallel lines or a criss-cross pattern before rolling and tying.
2. Rub the dry mustard well into the surface of the lamb. Mix together the honey and soy sauce and brush evenly over the prepared surface.
3. Put the meat in an oven bag and place it on a roasting rack. Pierce the bag in several places and secure,using a non-metallic tie, rubber band or string. Microwave on MEDIUM (60%) for 18-20 minutes. During cooking, pour off and reserve the accumulated juices. Give the rack a quarter turn every 4 1/2-5 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Leave the meat to stand for 10-15 minutes, depending on how well done the lamb is preferred. (The shorter time will give a more rosy result.)
5. Put the reserved juices, about 50 ml (2 fl oz), into a measuring jug and cool quickly (by adding ice cubes to the juices or putting the jug into the freezer) for 15 minutes for the fat to solidify. It can then be easily separated from the cooking juices.
6. Halve the mushrooms crosswise. Halve the salsify lengthwise, then cut it crosswise into 5 cm (2 inch) lengths.
7. Put 25 g (1 oz) of the solidified fat into a large, shallow heatproof dish. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30 seconds or until it melts. Toss the salsify, mushrooms and shallots in the melted fat until they are well coated. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes.
8. Add the chopped chervil, rosemary and the reserved juices. Mix well, cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes or until the salsify is tender but still firm.
9. Stir the Dijon mustard into the sauce and microwave, covered, on HIGH for 1 minute. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
10. Slice the meat thickly into medallions and serve with some sauce, surrounded by the vegetables.