Spicy Lamb Casserole
|Lean boneless lamb||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant beef broth||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Yellow squashes||3 Small, cubed|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Slice the meat into 2-inch strips.
2) In a large skillet, saute the meat in the margarine or butter until brown.
3) In a 10-cup baking dish, remove the meat.
4) Saute the onion and garlic in rest of the fat until soft.
5) Stir in the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, raisins, water, beef broth, salt and pepper, then stir continuously and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Pour over the meat and simmer covered for 35 minutes or until the meat is almost tender.
7) Stir in the lemon juice and squash, cook for about 15 minutes, until the squash is tender.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.