Lamb N Avar In
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Clarified butter/Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
1) Dice lamb into 1 1/2 to 2-inch cubes.
2) Cut carrots into 1-inch slices after scraping them.
3) Skin the turnips and onions and cut turnips into four.
4) Fry lamb pieces in clarified butter until browned.
5) Add shallots and sauté until brown.
6) Further add in flour, water, tomatoes, wine, garlic, and herb bouquet and boil for 45 minutes.
7) Remove meat from heat and pour liquid over it, seasoning with salt and pepper.
8) Sauté vegetables in the butter until browned and mix with meat and liquid.
9) Boil, covered for 30 to 45 minutes until tender and add water or bouillon if essential and skim off fat.
10) Serve hot with crusty bread.