Potted Lamb Tongues
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole fresh lamb tongues||12 (Fresh)|
1) In a Dutch oven, heat butter and fry onions and garlic in the hot butter until dark brown.
2) Add in 1 cup water and seasonings and simmer over high heat until water evaporates.
3) Stir in tongues and add enough water to cover them and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer, covered for about 1 1/4 hours until done.
5) Spoon the pan juice over the tongue.
6) Garnish with parsley and serve unsliced.