Saddle Of Lamb
|Saddle lamb||6 Pound|
|Red wine||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Medium dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped carrot||1|
|Finely chopped onion||2|
|Wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Add the marinade ingredients to a pan along with ¾ cup of water.
3. Boil the mixture for about half an hour and add brandy and wines.
4. Marinate the lamb for another 12 hours.
5. Add it to the roasting pan and brush the softened butter over it. Spray the rosemary over it before baking.
6. Bake it for 2 ½ hours at 350°F by placing the lamb towards the centre of the pan.
7. Briskly boil the marinade until it reduces to 2 ½ cups.
8. Strain it and reheat the mixture. Thicken the marinade by adding the arrowroot mixed in water.
9. Adjust the seasoning.
10. Serve at once.