Breast Of Lamb Rose
|Lamb breast||3 Pound|
|Bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Chicken / Other)|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rose wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 , chopped|
1) Take a heavy kettle and brown meat on all sides in it.
2) Discard fat and season meat with salt and pepper.
3) Pour in bouillon and simmer, covered for 2 hours until meat is soft.
4) Allow jelly to dissolve in boiling water and mix in wine and parsley.
5) Pour this mixture over meat and boil for a further 15 minutes, basting often with the liquid in kettle.
6) If desired, blend a small amount of flour with cold water and use it to thicken the liquid.
7) Serve meat hot with the gravy.
Calories 1014 Calories from Fat 569
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.9%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 404.5 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 91 g182.6%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet