Barbecued French Leg Of Lamb
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Leg of lamb||4 Pound (1 Piece Of 2 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cut into thin slivers|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||4|
1) Make few slits in the meat leg.
2) Insert slivers of garlic and rosemary sprigs in the slits.
3) Combine oil with sine and seasonings.
4) Baste lightly the lamb leg with the wine mixture.
5) In a polythene bag, put the lamb with remaining wine and oil mixture.
6) Keep in the fridge for 2-4 hours to marinate, turning in between.
7) Preheat the barbeque.
8) Take a rotisserie spit into the lamb carefully.
9) In preheated barbeque, cook the lamb for 1 1/2-2 hours, while basting with the marinade in between.
10) Few sprigs of rosemary can be put on the fire for extra aroma and flavor.
11) Serve the lamb leg as a main dish.
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.3%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.6 mg67.5%
Sodium 242.3 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 0.97 g0.32%
Dietary Fiber 0.23 g0.91%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 58 g115.2%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet