Lamb In Pastry
|Leg lamb||4 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Shortening/Lard||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten with 1 teaspoon water|
1) Cut the bone of the leg of the lamb and trim any excess fat.
2) Marinate the leg with salt, pepper, and butter and roast in a oven at 425 degree F, Gas Mark 7, for 1-1/4 hours.
3) Allow it to cool.
4) Sift flour and salt in a bowl.
5) Add butter and lard and rub until it resembles breadcrumb.
6) Pour water and make a smooth dough.
7) Roll out the dough into a large rectangular sheet so that it can enclose the leg of the lamb completely.
8) Wrap the leg in the dough, prick the dough all over with a knife, brush with egg and water mixture and bake at 375 degree F, Gas Mark 5, for 45 minutes.
9) Serve hot with sauce.